Internship Abroad Application Instructions
Follow the steps below to complete an application for your intern abroad program of choice.
Complete the Adelante International Internship Program Online Application. It’s quick and easy to fill out.
Submit the $150 application fee via PayPal. This is a non-refundable application fee to set up your file both here in the US and in your chosen city abroad. This will also secure a phone assessment appointment with our Program Director. Please have your credit card ready before submitting your application.
Email the following documents, in one email if possible, to email@example.com to complete your application packet:
- Current Resume (in English and Spanish for all programs except Scotland)
- Recent Photo
- Passport Copy
Upon receiving Steps 1, 2 and 3 above, we will review your materials and contact you right away to schedule a phone or Skype interview with our Director of Programs. In that discussion plan to go over your background, your program goals and a timeline of next steps.
If the supporting documents above haven’t been received within 7 days of applying, your application will be postponed.
Late applications are accepted on a case by case basis and are subject to a $250 late fee.
What Happens After I Apply, Step By Step?
- Once we receive your complete application packet (online application form, one email with required documents as attachments, and application fee via PayPal), we conduct an hour long Skype or phone interview, to go over your application and the placement abroad process. Be ready to take a lot of notes here!
- After the interview we reach out to the references provided on your application. With positive feedback, you are formally confirmed into the Intern Abroad Program within approximately 5-8 business days after receipt of your application packet.
- The next step is to send your file to our team abroad – Director and Intern Advisor – in your program city abroad. They begin presenting your file to relevant participating companies abroad, in your desired internship sector. Once the best company for your specific program parameters chooses your file, we then contract you with them for your international internship. You will sign this contract, too.
- Concurrently, we coordinate the housing you have chosen (shared apartment usually, homestay in some cases) and enroll you in the two or three week intensive language course / module you will take upon arrival. Once you have booked your flight and sent us your arrival itinerary, we arrange your airport pick-up abroad. We like to be done with the entire step by step process by no later than about 30 days prior to your program start date. So, candidates will know both where they are living and where they are working long before they arrive abroad.
Resume guidelines: Your resume should be up-to-date and should include your academic and work history thus far.
Consult with your study abroad office, career center and/or academic advisor before applying. They may have their own application process or requirements that you need to follow. They can also provide guidance on getting your chosen internship program approved for credit transfer and financial aid. At the end of your internship with us, you can request a final evaluation from your employer; your academic advisor may know if this evaluation can help you obtain academic credit.
Be sure to research the program you’d like to attend to learn about the destination, application deadlines, eligibility requirements, dates, and more.
Not sure which program is a good fit for you? Call us direct at 1+ (562) 799 – 9133 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our front office staff are happy to assist!