General Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy
Terms and conditions are as follows – In consideration of ADELANTE, LLC, by accepting me into ADELANTE ABROAD’s International Internship or Semester/Study Abroad Program, I hereby agree:
- I acknowledge that international travel involves risk, including the possibility of illness, adverse weather conditions, travel delays, strikes and other work stoppages, hostile actions by governments or individuals, and other risks and inconveniences, whether or not similar. I accept the above described risks and other risks involved in travel in, to and among foreign countries. I acknowledge that ADELANTE is not responsible for the activities of persons not employed by ADELANTE. On behalf of myself and heirs and assigns, I fully and forever release ADELANTE and its officers, directors, managers, members and employees (collectively, “Representatives”), and agree not to seek compensation from any of them, for any losses that I may suffer during my program or during travel to and from my program.
- I understand that I will be traveling to a foreign country, with different customs, standards, laws, and risks than my own country. I agree to take reasonable steps to become familiar with the host country’s relevant civil laws, customs and risks. I understand that ADELANTE does not have a duty to inform me of these risks. I will abide by the appropriate laws, rules and regulations of my host country throughout the time I am participating in my internship or study program, and will endeavor to comply with all local customs.
- I will pay my way, to and from my home country and my host country.
- If my participation in a Program is terminated for any reason, I consent to being withdrawn from the Program at my own expense and will not receive a refund of any amounts paid by me.
- I will indemnify ADELANTE and its officers, directors, managers, members and employees (collectively, “Representatives”) against all loss or damage and any claims made against any of them as a result of any breach by me of the undertakings and agreements set forth above, or any negligent actions or inactions by me during the course of my participation in the internship program.
I will carry out my duties as an Intern working in a foreign company to the best of my abilities. I will comply with ADELANTE policies, including its rules, standards, and instructions for program candidates. I agree that ADELANTE will have the right to enforce its policies, rules and appropriate standards of conduct and that it may at any time terminate my participation in the Program for failure to maintain ADELANTE’s standards. I understand that ADELANTE may change, modify or amend its policies, rules, standards, and instructions for any Program and I will be bound by and will abide by any such changes.
Study Abroad Program
I will participate in my study abroad program, studying and learning in a foreign University, to the best of my abilities. I will comply with ADELANTE policies, including its rules, standards, and instructions for program candidates. I agree that ADELANTE will have the right to enforce its policies, rules and appropriate standards of conduct and that it may at any time terminate my participation in the Program for failure to maintain ADELANTE’s standards. I understand that ADELANTE may change, modify or amend its policies, rules, standards, and instructions for any Program and I will be bound by and will abide by any such changes.
In order to maximize the value of our programs to our participants, Adelante makes financial commitments on your behalf prior to the program start date. Accordingly, we have instituted this limited cancellation policy in line with current international education provider standards for which we can make no exceptions. All cancellations must be signed and sent in writing via fax, mail or email. Phone calls are not acceptable. No refunds will be made other than those specified below.
- The $250US program confirmation fee is non‐refundable.
- Program payment in full is due no later than 45 days prior to your start date in the program.
- If the candidate withdraws 30 – 45 days prior to the program start date, Adelante is entitled to 50% of the total program fee.
- If the candidate withdraws 30 days or less prior to the program start date, Adelante is entitled to 100% of the total program fee.
- If a candidate withdraws after the program start date, Adelante is entitled to 100% of the total program fee.
- If a candidate wishes to defer participation to a future program, the application fee will be applied to that program, good for 12 months after the initial application fee was submitted.
- Once the program begins, no refunds are granted for meals, housing, tuition, excursions or activities unused by students due to absence or any other reason.
I represent that all of the above information is true and is given to induce my placement as an intern in the International Internship Program. I authorize ADELANTE, LLC, to make such investigations as necessary, including contacting references.
I have read and agree to the terms and conditions stated above, the literature, and all of ADELANTE’s policies, including those related to health and safety, participation conduct, and refunds.
What Information Does Adelante Abroad Collect?
We collect information from you to help us personalize a unique and specific internship experience for our candidates. This information is collected through application forms on the Adelante Abroad website.
The types of personal information collected on these pages are: first name, last name, e-mail address, phone, and home address.
How Secure Is My Personal Information?
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use and transmission, we have implemented the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard an secure the information collected from you online.
How Will Adelante Abroad Use My Information?
We use the information that we collect from you to provide you with the resources you’re asking for and only when you have given us permission to do so, to send you newsletters and other e-mail communications.
We never use or share the personally identifiable information you provide to us online in ways unrelated to those described in this policy, nor will we share your information with third parties without your permission. Your data will only be accessible to and used by Adelante Abroad.
Your personal data will be used only for the purposes for which you submit them.
How Can I Access or Change My Personal Information?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Adelante Abroad holds about you, to make any changes and to ask that it be deleted. Please email email@example.com to make any changes.
How to Contact Us
Phone: (562) 799-9133