IT IS OUR GOAL TO HELP YOU EXPERIENCE ANOTHER CULTURE THROUGH OUR INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIP AND IMMERSION PROGRAMS. TO DATE WE HAVE PLACED 100% OF CANDIDATES IN INTERNSHIPS ABROAD. WE HAVE GOOD SUCCESS MATCHING CANDIDATES WITH THEIR DESIRED SECTORS, BASED ON THEIR SKILLS AND AVAILABILITY.
CANDIDATES THAT ARE BEGINNING SPEAKERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE BY APPLYING FOR TEACHING ENGLISH AND NOW ALSO OUR SOCIAL MEDIA ASSIGNMENT.
NOTE: If you want to intern in a Sector you don't see here, then with a minimum of 60 days advance notice we can make an effort to find a placement in your desired field.
NEW!! SOCIAL MEDIA / MARKETING / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Candidates in this internship will be responsible for researching, gathering content and taking photos for a website that offers unique and valuable information about social venues in Barcelona - i.e. bars, nightclubs, beaches, cafés, parks, plazas. There will be opportunities to participate in marketing initiatives and business development. This internship is for a specific candidate with a strong independent streak and a good proactive work ethic. The Supervisor is based in LA and communication will be via Skype, phone and/or email. Candidates must have their own laptop and digital camera and should be familiar with using social media websites and have a keen interest in learning the social scene of the city. Creative writing skills preferred. Strong Spanish is not necessary for this position.
MARKETING / PUBLIC RELATIONS
This internship can take place in distinct firms and organizations. In the larger corporations, the candidate will work in a specific department usually focusing on maintaining and reinforcing the already created projects / clients, attending to specific client and collaboration companies needs. In the smaller organizations and companies the objective may be to create and maintain new marketing / ad / PR strategies to garner new clients / results. The candidates will do their internships in private companies, corporations or in non-profit agencies or organizations.
The principal job duties in these internships will be to create and execute new business strategies, cultural programs, educational / advocacy programs, new products or services; and to assist in bettering the existing processes. Spain maintains business relations with different European, American, African and Asian countries, which provides an appropriate backdrop to do a variety of things during an internship in this field. Also, the NGO's (non-governmental organizations) with projects ongoing in third world countries offer a good opportunity to get to know and evaluate distinct economic and social situations.
This internship will require studies in the field of Law or Economics or Political Science or similar and requires at least a solid intermediate level of Spanish. Duties related to corporate strategies: consulting regarding changes or bettering corporate culture to ensure productivity, helping to set "benchmarks" and make sure they are met, testing of corporate culture, "coaching". Duties related to corporate Organization: organizational design, analysis and tracking of procedures. Duties related to Marketing: marketing plans, research, relational marketing, satisfaction studies of existing clients. Duties related to investments: auditing, financial advice, fiscal and labor issues.
IMPORT / EXPORT
Logistics and international transport, to include work in document management, airline transportation issues, maritime and over-land transport, including Customs work; warehousing new or incoming or outgoing products and then distributions of these products.
Candidates interested in the world of languages can participate in internships collaborating in language classes for Spanish adults or for children, creating instructive lessons / new ideas for learning, designing materials, developing new activities that will be used during classes, both theoretical and practical. Under this heading we also offer Translation internships, whereby candidates can assist Translation Agencies. There is also a good opportunity to serve as "host" or "hostess" at Conventions, Fairs and Expos for participating firms; Event Planning and other Interchange companies also seek this type of candidate for internships in Spain.
SOCIAL WORK AND PSYCHOLOGY
In this sector we place largely within the NGO's - these are the larger non-profits that serve a number of groups of the Spanish and International population. Different areas are: at-risk youth, battered women; immigrant rights; refugee rights; gay, lesbian and bi - trans-sexual issues, drug dependence; homeless, and many, many more. These are amazingly diverse and international and quite rewarding placements that fall under both Social Work and Psychology sectors.
Creation of web pages and promotional materials such as catalogues, brochures, logos, info CD's, special promos, etc. The intern will be placed in companies that have as their clients other companies who need GD services or also in companies that have a GD department to design their own materials. We also offer internships working for Magazines or local Newspapers under this heading.
These internships include programming and software design, among other things. Maintenance of hardware and ideas to help better internal processes at different corporations / organizations, digitalizing and planning new technical products. Candidates may be placed in IT companies dedicated to creating programs / services for other companies, or en the IT Department of a large company, or in an NGO.
Spain is one of the counties most receptive, and most successful, in the Tourism industry. We also place in Travel Agents, where candidates help with marketing their products, client services, reservations and more. There are many companies in this sector, including Special Event management firms, Interchange groups (very similar to Adelante but sending Spaniards abroad!), and more.
Another prestigious and boutique hotel, in arguably one of the top destinations to visit in the world, has joined up with Adelante! This is a newer establishment built to service mostly business travelers, located in one of the premier neighborhoods of Barcelona. They are becoming famous for their service, so training of interns is rigorous. Interns will learn how to work in all areas, including responsibilities for reservations, bookings, check in-outs, restaurant attendance, bar, kitchen functioning, public relations ( the most important!), and guest attendance. Candidates come away with a real understanding of how to run a mid-sized international, business hotel. NOTE: Low Spanish is acceptable!! 2- 4 month requirement.
ACCOUNTING / FINANCE
Candidates in this sector will intern doing routine duties related to accounting: databases, inputting expenses and payments (A/R), billing, banking, financial procedures, budgeting. Mostly all the companies we work with have Accounting or Finance Departments.
LAW / LEGAL INTERNSHIPS
This sector is often times the most complicated to place in: the actual law firms in Spain require not only a high level of Spanish but also that candidates have taken their LSAT's and / or are already enrolled in law school. We can and do place in the Municipal Courts in Madrid, in legal departments in companies and in law firms.
- Law - Legal: Labor, Criminal, Administrative law. Project and case assistance
Requirements: Law field, LSATs preferred, good computer skills
- Architect: Projects, Courses, Associations, Consulting
Requirements: Field of study, computer skills
- Food: Companies in the food industry: wine, ice cream, confection, juices, kids nutrition, supermarkets, Spanish hams, beer, cheese, chocolate
Requirements: Marketing, computer skills, good language skills, extroverted
- Archaeology: Regional Archaeology Museum, courses, excavations
Requirements: Field of study, good computer skills, public relations, group work
- Art - Galleries: Art Consulting, Expositions, Marketing works of art (local and foreign artists)
Requirements: Field of study, Ability to present in front of groups, continuing education
- Graphic Arts: Studios, Printing firms, Graphic Design, Marketing, Logistics
Requirements: Experience in Graphic Design, field of study, good computer skills
- Associations / Non-profits: Women's issues, underserved children, "third age"issues, Immigrant rights groups, Addiction and rehabilitation groups, Employer groups, Downs Syndrome, Gay, Lesbian, Bi/Transsexual assoc, and more.
Requirements: Vocation, experience with desired group or association, good language skills & computer skills, Marketing, desire to assist and advocate for others
- Auto Industry: Companies related to the auto industry, Auto distributors of all national and international brands, in various departments (Spain is the 6th largest producers of automobiles in the world)
Requirements: Experience in the sector, good language skills, good sales and people skills
- Event spokesperson / Company Rep: Public Relations, Corporate Fairs / Expos, Product Launches
Requirements: Able to speak and be in front of groups, language skills / aptitude, "people person"
- Banking / Financial Sector: Finance functions, finance departments, accounting, administration, counseling / account management, financial consulting, stock market, investments
Requirements: Field of study, strong language skills, strong computer skills, past finance internship helpful, desire to have a career in this field
- Catering: Food service industry, schools, airlines, weddings, conferences, private catering companies or larger food service departments
Requirements: experience in the industry, language skills
- Cinema: Film distribution, production, presentations / new releases, administration
Requirements: Field of study, computer skills, language skills, high enthusiasm
- Import / Export or Exterior Commerce: Connections with rest of the world, import / export, "Ferias" and Expos, new products
Requirements: Field of study, good language skills, some business experience, contacts, good computer skills
- Communications: Communications Sector to include business in Tourism, the Press, magazines, insurance, automotive, health services
Requirements: past experience or internships in sector, good language skills, field of study, creativity, enthusiasm
- Consulting: Economic counseling, business consulting, stock brokerage, sports agents / firms / teams, image
Requirements: Personality - extroverted / strong, solid computer and language skills, industry knowledge
- Design / Decorating: Design association, consulting, individual clients needs
Requirements: Field of study, past experience, marketing, creativity
- Sports: Sports teams: soccer, basketball, cycling, image consulting / agents
Requirements: Proficient in desired field / sport, experience
- Distribution: Promotions, CD's, DVDs, perfumes, drinks, food products
Requirements: Strong language skills, computer skills, field of study, creativity
- Ecology: Natural parks / forests, packaging / recycling, pollutions issues
Requirements: Field of study, good language skills, past experience plus desire and "ecologically minded"
- Publishing / Press: Book preparation, economic books, text books, catalogues, billing, Library. National, regional, local press, writing, ads / announcements
Requirements: Marketing, experience in the sector, good computer skills, persistent
- Kindergarten and Pre-Schools: Attention and teaching to young children
Requirements: Field of study, licensed would help, past experience and patience
- Special Events / Event Planning / Publicity: Promotions, conferences, seminars, organizing and administration, consulting, product launches
Requirements: Marketing, imagination, good computer skills, sales skills
- Hotels: Hotel industry, work in 3-, 4-, 5 - star establishments, will do rotation in all departments, depending on language ability
Requirements: Field of study, good public relations skills and language skills
- Information Technology: Product distribution (new software), firms that outsource their IT staff to clients needing help in this area
Requirements: Good computer skills, field of study, imagination
- Fashion: Creation, making of clothing / other items, retail, distribution, Expos / Fashion Fairs
Requirements: Knowledge of industry, Marketing, good computer and language skills
- TV - Radio: Local and regional and some national station spots available.
Requirements: Past experience in sector, good language skills, good computer skills, and extroverted personality
- Translation: Review texts, look up vocabulary (Spanish-English and English-Spanish) for the translators; translate texts from Spanish into English, and/or proofread texts that have been translated by other translators.
Requirements: Advanced Spanish skills
There are sectors that are not mentioned here simply because we do not place frequently in them, such as Zoo, Photography, Veterinary, and others... if you don't see your sector on the list, it doesn't mean that we can't place you!