What You‘re Getting With Adelante’s Programs
Prices are based on destination and program length, click on any of our Intern Abroad or Study Abroad program links for specific cost breakdowns!
Interning and studying abroad with us includes some key features:
- Customized service – we have deep experience at building these independent programs and emphasize getting to know each of our candidates for optimum placement abroad. Couple that with long standing international contacts and industry wide record low staff turnover, and you are reading about a very strong, successful program right now.
- The most affordable price – both our Intern Abroad and Study Abroad programs are the cheapest you’ll find, period. Sometimes we are literally 100% less than a competitor program, go check, it is easy to confirm this.
- Equal parts work experience, language acquisition, and cultural immersion: all are key components of the Adelante Abroad programs.
- Pre-Departure Orientation – extensive relevant counselling & materials on everything from how to get credit, to what kind of insurance to buy, to assistance securing a Visa, if needed, and much, much more.
- Airport pickup. Once you arrive, you will be met at the airport and taken directly to your accommodation.
- Lodging is included. Stay in a shared apartment with other Adelante candidates/international students, live with roommates from the host country, or bring a friend from home to live with you! Some programs include living in a Dorm, on campus. Some programs even offer a home stay option where you can live with a host family. Meals and laundry are typically included in this option!
- Matriculation at University abroad – for the Study Abroad programs, super economical Semester and Summer options. Sevilla, Spain and San Jose, Costa Rica only.
- Contracted Internship – for the Intern Abroad programs, signed “Convenio” or Letter of Invitation from host company abroad for ALL placements
- Internship program lengths can be flexible, from 1 to 6 months. All internships begin the first Monday of each month, year round. (Exception: each year we offer a Mid-may start date, too)
- You have the ability to intern in a variety of fields such as Law, Medical, Business, Marketing, Engineering, Psychology, Human Resources, Graphic Design, and much more. If you don’t see the field you want to intern in, we’ll work with you to create a program in your field of choice.
- Spanish Language course – Two to three weeks of intensive Spanish language courses prefaces your internship (for our Spanish speaking destinations, of course).
- Internships are typically 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, to comply with local labor laws. You are looking for real international work experience to add to your resume, and you will definitely get it.
- Screened Companies – participating companies are typically small to mid-sized and locally owned or managed. We weed out companies that have you photocopying or making coffee! Some placements are in larger, international corporations, but we do feel like the larger a company the more chance there is of a foreign intern getting lost in the shuffle.
- Some Excursions – these happen during the first weeks of the Language Course. Anything is possible, from a tapas crawl to a River tour, to lunch with a language teacher to an overnight Volcano visit. Day trips to local landmarks and historic sites are included for nearly all of our programs. Adelante candidates sign up for these, and activities vary depending on time of year and number who sign up.
- Academic credit – For the Intern Abroad program, nearly every candidate who has ever needed to receive credit for this program has done so. Your University probably has a different process than another, and Adelante is used to helping students navigate the various requirements to secure credit for their contact hours abroad in this program. Both Study Abroad programs (Sevilla and Costa Rica) provide fully transferable, sealed transcripts upon successful completion of the Semester or Summer program.
- Letters of recommendation are available upon request.
- On-site Adelante staff – English speaking Adelante Directors live full time in our program cities. Their local phone, Viber / WhatsApp, and e-mail data will be provided prior to departure in all materials and they are a huge resource, available during business hours and for emergencies, 24 hours/7 days a week.
IMPORTANT: Adelante Abroad, LLC is not a “middle man” or “agent”. Rather, we create proprietary, customized programs for our individual, screened candidates. To do this we use long-standing contacts in our respective countries of operation and with negotiated rates for all services provided, including but not limited to airport pickup services, language coursework and excursion services, and housing services worldwide. More importantly, our staff of Intern Advisors and Directors abroad are professionals in the international education and student exchange industry, used to working with foreign candidates and often times with complimentary professional careers in place as well as their service to Adelante Abroad. For example, our Director in Madrid also owns the language school where International Internship Program candidates will take their Spanish coursework. By design, these representatives are locals living, and many times born and raised, in the city where they work for us and speak both Spanish and English. These are your contacts while in-country for most aspects of the program and all have both day and evening phone.