Internships in Chile
Travel and Boost Your Resume in Chile
Our programs operate in Viña del Mar, Spanish for “vineyard by the sea”, which is simplified to Viña by Chileans. Viña is just an hour and a half west of Chile’s capital city, Santiago, and sister-city to Valparaiso! A turreted granite castle called Castillo Wulff and a huge floral clock greet visitors who arrive by boat. It’s easy to get to so many places from here. The ski resort Portillo, old hippie beach town Horcon, and Casablanca Valley wineries are all a car ride away. Don’t forget Patagonia, another drive but this one a bit more off the grid. (Easter Island is unforgettable and once in a lifetime, but it’s pricey to get there)
Closer to “home” is Quinta Vergara, a large public park on the top of a hill overlooking Viña. The park serves as a kind of cultural center of its own – think Song Festivals, Summer Concert series, international Arts Fairs. And La Serena, a quiet coastal town, near a number of observatories offering stargazing in the Atacama desert. Lastly, the beach, we can’t forget the beaches! Long and winding and populated by a wide, paved Boardwalk/path that stretches for miles. Joggers, moms walking strollers, random stray dogs, public exercise areas, and more, make this a go-to part of town even in winter. You have the ocean in front of you and incredible mountains right behind you.
Intern in Chile
Take advantage of one of the most affordable programs out there! Free housing, intensive language classes, and guaranteed placements are included with your program costs! Internships in Chile are offered year-round for those who cannot go just in the Summer.
We guarantee this is the most affordable internship in Chile program you’ll find on the market today! Located in Valparaiso and Vina del Mar, we offer placements in Architecture and Construction, Arts, Business, Engineering, Graphic Design, Human Resources, Information Technology (IT), International Business, Journalism and Media, Law, Marketing, Public Relations, Medical/Healthcare, Non-profits (NGOs) , Photography/Film & Video/Digital Art, Psychology, Social Work, Teaching English, Tourism and Hospitality, Volunteer, Winery, Work with Children, and more!
Hear What Candidates Have to Say
Our Intern in Chile programs include some key features, here are just a few:
- Intern in Chile program can be done for academic credit (240 contact hours for a three month internship program, for example)
- 3 weeks of intensive Spanish language classes are included in the fee.
- A contracted international internship work assignment is guaranteed, and you will know where you are interning long before you arrive. Candidates gain real, international work experience to upgrade their resume.
- Housing is included. Live in an apartment or small house, in your own room; all housing is close to the Pacific ocean – within a 10 minute walk, some with ocean and city views!
- Visas are not typically needed for this program, rather an in-country extension process for those participating longer term. We assist with the paperwork required for this option, as needed
- Our Director in Chile is very well connected and this is how we build or create a tailored internship placement for each of our candidates. Our Co-Direcotra also speaks English, is hard working and will ensure that your program once in Chile goes smoothly
- Some excursions are included during the 3 weeks Spanish course– think wine-tasting, “trekking” (a bit less effort than hiking), walking tours, and visits to the amazing National Parks.
- Our programs are meant for the independent traveler who doesn’t need hand holding or strict itineraries, a near impossible thing to promise in an international setting.