Summer Study Abroad in Seville FAQ

Summer Study Abroad Frequently Asked Questions

Click here for General FAQs that pertain to ALL Adelante Abroad Programs.  Things such as eligibility, airfare, academic credit, insurance, and payment questions are the same for all programs.

Find Seville Summer Study Abroad Specific FAQs Below

  • Will I receive transcripts at the end of my Adelante Summer Study Abroad in Seville Program?

    Yes – Transcripts from our internationally accredited participating university abroad, the Universidad Pablo de Olavide (UPO), are included in the program price.  Upon successful completion of your courses in the  Adelante Summer Study Abroad program, official, fully transferable and sealed transcripts will be issued, in your name, to the Adelante HQ offices in California.  We will then contact you and request exact address, registrar or home, where you would like these to be mailed.

  • Can I receive academic credit for participating in this study program?

    Yes – Using the included, fully transferable Transcripts (see question above), candidates can choose to receive credit for the courses taken in the Summer Study Abroad program. It is advisable to make sure that the international courses chosen will be accepted by your home University, if you wish the credit to be applied to your current studies.  Adelante can provide course lists,  course descriptions and syllabi, as needed to assist with this process.

  • Do I have to be enrolled in a college or university to participate?

    No – This program is open to students, and it is also open to recent graduates or those currently un-enrolled for whatever reason. It is also open to people who simply want to live in Spain and learn the language and culture of this fascinating country.

  • Is there an Adelante Director in Seville?

    Yes – Macarena Perez-Tinao is the Adelante Director for both our International Internship Program and the Semester and Summer Study Abroad in Seville Programs. Macarena is a Spanish native and has worked in the education sector for her entire professional career. She has studied and later taught in the US, has published several doctorate articles on multi-lingualism and professional development of teachers.  Our Co-Director is Catherine Anner, another leader in the field of international education. She is American, and has lived and worked in Seville for over 15 years now. She is fully bi – lingual and brings, in a very helpful way, both the American and Spanish cultures together when she works with and assimilates our students.

  • Are there any kind of organized sports and/or sports facilities?

    Yes – A Sports ID Card is included in the program (you’ll need to provide 2 passport sized photos), and to join the gym on campus is about $11 per month or $22 for 3 months. There are Intramural sports organized for indoor soccer, basketball, softball and table tennis.

  • Are there any extracurricular activities or trips planned?

    Yes – For summer study abroad students, there are a couple of organized events such as Flamenco classes, a tapas tour and a river boat ride. We recommend these activities as they enhance language acquisition and give you a chance to see the many aspects of Seville and the surrounding areas.

  • Is a student Visa required?

    No – Student visas are only required for programs longer than 3 months in duration.

  • Are only Americans admitted to this program?

    No – Our only requirement is that you speak English, to be able to communicate with both Adelante Headquarters and our in-country staff who are required to speak both their native language and English. We have placed candidates from all over the world, including Britain, Japan, Australia, India, Canada and more. Please check any visa requirements for your nationality.

frequently asked questions for internships

If you have any other questions, contact us!

Let Us Know!

$250 Off Fall Discount for November & December Start Dates

Spain internships candidates with barcelona view


Ready to Intern Abroad?

For programs two months or longer starting in November or December.

Apply Now